Sunday, April 23, 2006

Geniuses

Recently, I decided to volunteer for a film festival. The cool thing about volunteering at a film festival are the vouchers you can get per shift that you can exchange for a ticket to a movie screening. If you work one shift, you get a voucher for a screening; two shifts will get you a voucher for a panel. If you want to volunteer, you have to fill out a form detailing when you will be available to volunteer and any specifications you may have. For example, I wrote that I was available to volunteer some evenings and on Sundays. I was assigned to a specific department and it was with great anticipation that I went to that department's volunteer meeting.

To my surprise (and a few others), we are told that there are only two shifts you can volunteer for: 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM and 1:30 PM - 6:30 or 7:00 PM. Makes perfect sense, right? Let's put the people who can only work evening shifts in a department that doesn't have them. I requested another department that I can do volunteer work for in the evening. So far, I am scheduled for one shift with the original department. We'll see how this pans out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home