Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Scene from a Date

On my most recent date, I told a funny story that took place during my college days. Upon hearing that I was born in Israel, a friend remarked "You're Israeli?!? But you're so nice". (My family moved to the U.S. when I was a baby so I think of myself as Israeli/American or American/Israeli depending on my mood).

Anyway, my date laughs and asks me if I've heard of "Love Story", a book by Erich Segal and the movie version with Ryan O'Neal and Ali McGraw. One of the most famous quotes was said by the male protagonist when he says "Loving someone means never having to say you're sorry" or something to that effect. For the context of this story, my date suggests that the quote be revised in this way: "Being Israeli means never having to say you're sorry".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home