Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Elvis is Everywhere

For the first time since the Queen episode, I stayed in and watched American Idol. I wanted to know whether the show would be a trainwreck; everyone knows the music of Elvis Presley. CBS cast an Irish actor (Jonathan Rhys-Meyers) to play Elvis in their miniseries last year. Time to get off this tangent....

In previous seasons, there was always one contestant that just didn't fit in (ie, Nicki McKibbin from S1, Josh Gracin from S2, Jasmine Trias from S3). They were probably all nice people but they just were not as talented as the other contestants surrounding them. But for this season, I think the Final 4 is fabulous, each person brings something different to the table and I do think that no matter what happens in the show, all of them have great shots at having a great career in entertainment. My opinion on last night's show:

Taylor: The guy has charisma; so what if he dances like a drunk uncle at a wedding? I am so fed up with singers who just stand there and sing, show a little movement, connect with the song.

Chris: He sang two of my favorite Elvis songs and I happen to like his Bo Bice lite act. I can't say anything bad about one of my TV boyfriends.

Elliot: He was looking mighty fine tonight, it has been wonderful to see him evolve over the past few months. He's developing a stage presence, his voice is amazing, and kindness just pours out of him. I do think he will be voted off tonight, it's a shame but someone has to go.

Katharine: I expect to see her on the cover of 17 or Elle Girl in a few months. The camera loves her. I do wish she'd dress better, some of these clothes are just so wrong for her. Last night was tough for her and it was surprising because these songs seemed like a good choice for her in theory. I do like when she flubbed the lyric she still kept the choreography going. No deer in the headlights look for her!

Only two more weeks until the finals, maybe this year I will actually see the American Idol concert. Anyone want to go?

1 Comments:

Blogger Devora:-) said...

Me! Me! Me!

11:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home