Thursday, December 21, 2006

From One Chanukah Party To Another

I went to two parties this week in my synagogue; the one on Tuesday night was held by Hineni, http://www.hineni.org. Even though it seemed that the average age of people at the party was 45, my friend and I had a good time. There was good food (what Jewish event would be complete without food?), music, and a very festive feeling in the air. We couldn't stay there long because we had to go to Colbeh to meet two friends of his for dinner. The service at Colbeh was excellent, and the food was delicious. I normally eat meat only on Shabbas and holidays, it was a treat to go to Colbeh during the week and eat their yummy chicken and steak dishes.

Last night, I went to another party at my syangogue, this time in conjunction with Isralight, http://www.isralight.org. I knew alot more people at this party and there seemed to be a younger crowd which was much more to my liking. To my surprise, Improvodox was performing (http://www.improvodox.com). Improvodox is a new Jewish improv group that started performing 2 months ago. Their show was fun to watch, the performers' enthusiasm was contagious.

Tonight, there are no Chanukah parties for me since I'm working at my part time job tonight. It looks like I'll have a quite Shabbat, followed by a bridal shower on Sunday and the next week I do not have to work my part-time job so at least I will have my nights free. There are some interesting developments in my full time job, which I will talk about next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home