Monday, November 27, 2006

Party Till the Break of Dawn

I'm already back in the office and I admit it was a little hard to get out of bed today, especially after a relaxing, fun long weekend. Thankfully, the unseasonably warm weather helped motivate me to get up today. I walk to work everyday and I enjoy the walk, especially on days like this.

So after a couple of relaxing days at home in NJ, I took the bus back to NYC and went out to celebrate a friend's birthday. I have not seen this wonderful friend in a long time, we're talking 2 years. She went to the Midwest to pursue a masters degree and she just finished this semester. Her birthday was on Saturday and we went out dancing since that is one of her favorite things to do.

The best way to describe the night would be like this:

Cover charge to get into a club: $20 (doesn't apply to me since our group got in for free)
Cab ride to the first club from my place: $13
One mixed vodka drink: $12
Cab ride from the first club to the second club: $6.60
Cab ride from the 2nd club to my place: $18
Cover charge at 2nd club: $10
Dancing with your friends all night long : priceless

If you want to know more about the clubs we went to, look at www.duvetny.com. (can't figure out a shortcut on how to link to other websites) and www.theannexnyc.com. A big indicator of whether a bar or club is worthwhile is whether you would want to go back there another night and I would love to go back to The Annex on another Saturday night. I'm not sure I'd want to go back to Duvet, maybe if I didn't have to pay to go there. I didn't go to sleep until 4 AM, can't believe that I used to go out to clubs almost every weekend, it's a very exhausting way to live.

I slept in yesterday, got a gift for a friend's bridal shower this week, saw a friend for coffee and went to Barnes and Noble and got a birthday gift for one of my brothers. One gift down, a whole lot more to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home