Wednesday, July 18, 2007

8 Things About Me

It seems that there has been this 8 random things tag going around and this gives me a good excuse to start blogging again so...

1. I cannot start my day without a bowl of cereal, in fact I could eat cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (which I have done on occasion).

2. I like mushroom sauce but dislike mushrooms, I like tomato sauce but don't like tomatoes except for the little cherry tomatoes.

3. The closest I ever came to getting a tattoo was getting a temporary henna tattoo on my hand for a Hindu wedding that I went to almost 7 years ago. It stayed on for two weeks and I got funny looks from my co-workers at the time when we came back from summer break (at that time, I worked in a school). Also, when I was in Israel last year, I got a temporary tattoo painted on my upper back. I couldn't remember what the tattoo was for the life of me. Besides the fact that in Judaism you are not allowed to get tattoos, I find them really unattractive, especially when you get older and the tattoo becomes all mottled and doesn't look anything like it did originally.

4. I have never had my ears pierced.

5. When I was 11 years old, my family drove cross-country from New Jersey to California and back in our Chevy van. The van has long since expired but the memories from that trip haven't. Whenever I come home, I still love to look at that photo album and would love to repeat that trip at some point in my life.

6. My mom and dad have degrees in science and math, respectively and all of my brothers are very intelligent in the hard sciences. On the other hand, I have always struggled with math and science in school and eked out a passing grade in pre-calculus in college and failed Bio 101.

7. I was such a bookworm as a kid and still am. The library is one of my favorite places to go to and I always make time to read. As a kid, I loved reading Agatha Christie novels (particularly the novels with Hercule Poirot, didn't really care for the novels with Miss Marple). There was a time when I loved reading novels by Stephen King, Robin Cook, and Dean Koontz. Now, I like a variety of genres, ranging from historical fiction to biographies and memoirs to chick-lit.

8. If procrastination was an Olympic event, I would have been a gold medalist. I always procrastinated on assignments in elementary school, high school, and college. There's nothing like staying up all night typing up a 15-20 page English paper. I've gotten better with it as I've gotten older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home