Thursday, June 07, 2007

June is the Busiest Month

If May was the happiest month, I am proclaiming June to be the busiest month, even though we are not even a week into June.

1. My full time job has been insanely busy lately, this week even more so. A few months ago, I was handed some new responsibilities in another part of our organization and there is a ton of things to do. Just when I think I can take a breather, there are things that always come up, phone calls to be made, budgets and reports that need to be edited, emails to be sent. Previously I complained that the days go by too slowly. I don't have that problem anymore. Also, our organization has been going through some big changes of the interesting kind. I'm sorry I can't be more specific.

2. There are lots of celebrations going on in my family this month, my nephew's birthday party, my older brother's birthday/end of residency party, and my youngest brother's high school graduation.

3. For the past few months, I've renewed a friendship with one of my roommates from seminary and through her a couple of new friendships have started. I've been invited to lots of Shabbas meals lately, my parents don't have to worry about my eating habits : ) I've been to a couple interesting lectures lately, and am learning about the laws of speech over the phone with a friend everyday (or at least trying to). I am making a point of going to more lectures lately, reason being...

4. I get some time off from my part time job in the summer. It means more time for me, more time for socializing, hanging out, anything I want.

5. 2x a week, I've been taking dance classes at a cool studio very close to Fairways. No ballet classes for me, I've been taking jazz, belly dancing, even hip hop occasionally. My friend and I were talking about how we would like to be students at this dance studio full time, if only for a day.

6. My friend emailed me lists of free events in the city. This is why I love summer in the city, you can see movies, go dancing, listen to the opera for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home