Thursday, June 07, 2007

Guess Who Likes Sushi After All?

One of the things that I dislike almost more than anything in the world is sushi. I rate sushi slightly above traffic jams, going to the dentist, and the music of Kenny G and Michael Bolton. I've been told that sushi is an acquired taste but I find that hard to believe. I never understood the popularity of sushi, who would voluntarily eat raw fish? Family and friends have introduced me to sushi numerous times with minimal success, until last night.

A special someone was in the mood for sushi : ) I just got out of a 90 minute dance class and I was starving. That definitely played a role in my decision; if someone handed me monkey brains, I probably would have eaten that too. We went to a restaurant in the neighborhood. Even though the service wasn't good, the food was worth the wait. I had tuna tataki (?), I enjoyed the dish immensely, especially when paired with a slice of avocado. I've had salmon rolls in the past, this time I had one and I wasn't too thrilled with it. I was content to stick with the cucumber and avocado rolls and veggie tempura. I also was introduced to what looked like scrambled eggs on top of rice, I know there is a name for that dish and I just can't seem to remember it. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and I would willingly go out for sushi again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home