Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Filling in the Blanks

Since I've come back from Israel, I've been busy dealing with other pursuits besides finding a husband ; )

1. Career: I have gotten applications for MSW (Masters in Social Work) programs and am in the process of filling out applications. Thank G-d I don't have to take the GREs again, I hated taking them the first time around. My full-time job is good, the company I work for will be moving sometime in 2007. There is nothing like an impending move to motivate you to clean your office and throw out some old papers. I am still working my part-time job, 2 nights a week.

2. Religion/Spirituality: I have learning one-on-one for almost 4 months. There are some Jewish organizations that will set you up with someone to learn any subject in Judaism you want. I consider my tutor a really good friend, and I think we've learned so much from each other over the past few months. I've been keeping Shabbat on a consistent basis since I've come back from Israel, and as for keeping kosher, I'm working on that. Some weeks are better than others. Whenever I go to the cafeteria where I work, my choices are extremely limited, basically I can get a salad, fresh fruit, or packaged kosher goods. I've also kept busy taking other class in the neighborhood and I would like to start visiting other communities or go to a different synagogue 1x a month.

3. Family: Thank G-d my family is doing just fine. I see my adorable nephew 1-2x a week, he will be a year and a half real soon. It is so wonderful to have your family nearby, I don't understand how people can cope with their families being far away, like on the other side of the country or even in another county altogether.

I've also been spending time with old friends, went to a couple of birthday parties at bars/clubs and will probably go to another one later this month. The last movie I saw was Superman Returns (no joke!), haven't been to a museum since March of this year. I have been watching some new TV shows, favorites are Heroes, Ugly Betty, Help Me Help You, and The Nine. A couple weekends ago, I went to a Volunteer Day and spent the day cleaning up a synagogue in another neighborhood. Yea, that pretty much sums it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home