Monday, June 26, 2006

Guess Who I Saw Today?

Last night was the last class in a seminar for women who want to complete 40 day prayers. The benefits from this class were unbelievable; who would have predicted in the beginning of the seminar that I would want to go learn in Israel for 2 weeks? who would have predicted that I would come away from this with a new friend and possibilities for new friendships? who would have predicted that I would come to believe that I can talk to G-d anywhere, at work, on a bus, in the middle of a party?

Getting back to the point of this post, last night one of the women in my class told me that she and her boyfriend saw my ex-roommate on a train. Now, this was my last roommate and the relationship had its ups and downs. We haven't spoken for at least 2 1/2 years. Anyway, I find out that she's doing good and still living in the same place but she is living "The Break Up".

At first, I laughed but then I stopped as I realized that this wasn't just a movie but I know someone who is actually living that situation. Even if my relationship with her doesn't exist anymore, this is not something I would wish on anyone. I know first-hand the pain of a long-term relationship ending and the healing process. Now, imagine trying to heal from that relationship and having to still live with that person day in and day out.

Sometimes, when you hear something and you don't know how to react, you laugh. As my friend from class says, the situation just sucks and I do hope that she stays strong and is able to move on from that relationship, get closure, and be able to move on with the next chapter in her life, whatever it may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home