Sunday, January 14, 2007

Absolutely Heartbreaking

This is my reaction to the New York Times magazine cover story. To sum up, a young man from Sierra Leone wrote of his time as a child soldier during the civil war. He lost his parents and siblings in the war and served as a soldier for 2 years. The first half of the story focuses on his time as a soldier and the last half focuses on his time in a rehab center. He comes across a kind worker and he learns to trust her and opens up to her about his experiences. When I read stories like this, I think that the world has a long way to go. At the same time, I am inspired by this young man and his ability to trust in people again after such a harrowing experience. I think we can all learn something from him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home