Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ladies Weekend

This past weekend was fabulous. For Shabbat, I stayed with a friend on the upper west side for the Shabbos Kallah of a wonderful friend. I've known J., the kallah, for almost 5 years. We learned together at Aish Hatorah and we have been through thick and thin together. It was very fitting that the Shabbos Kallah was on the west side, this is where J. started her journey towards becoming observant in Judaism and she has come full circle. Friday night, 6 of us went to a family's home for dinner. Their kids were absolutely adorable, even though they tried to lock us in the closet. Seriously, the food and conversation were fabulous, there was such good spiritual energy in that home.

We went to Shabbat services at Aish, then we went to my friend's place for lunch. It was a very leisurely lunch, a group of 10 highly intelligent, kind, beautiful women coming together for the kallah. Sat. night, my best friend came up and we stayed in and rented 'The Devil Wears Prada", fabulous film and book as well. Speaking of, congrats to Meryl Streep for her Academy Award nomination for Best Actress, she was fabulous as Miranda Priestly, couldn't even recognize her at first. She plays bitchy so well.

The wedding was on Sunday, my friends and I made it to Brooklyn (where the wedding was) in good time. Since I was in the bridal party, I needed to get there early for hair, makeup, and pictures. J. picked out an all pink outfit for me, and it was a decent outfit. I would wear the skirt and blouse separately on other occasions too. J.'s dress was fabulous, she had pink and purple flowers on the dress and it looked beautiful. She looked like a ballerina, very fitting because she loves ballet. The chuppah was beautiful, the rabbi did a wonderful job officiating, very charismatic speaker.

Then, the dancing started and we had a blast. The bride fell, the mother-in-law fell (at least according to second hand reports, I didn't see it happen) and I fell on my butt when my friend and I lost our footing while spinning around, don't ask. Whoever thinks that Orthodox Jews don't know how to party have not been to an Orthodox wedding. The food was wonderful, especially the molten lava dessert. I had chocolate ice cream on top of a warm chocolate chip brownie.

After the wedding, my best friend and I went back to my place, changed clothes, and went to visit her younger sister who is staying in a hotel in the city for work. Her younger sister has an adorable Chihuahua, normally I don't like those dogs but this one is a cutie. The room she is in is fabulous, and the company she works for is paying for the room. Awesome stuff!

24 was awesome last night, can't wait to see Heroes on nbc.com, I did read some spoilers on Inside Pulse so I do know a little of what happened. It sucks that 24 and Heroes are on at the same time but thank g-d that NBC airs their shows on their website the day after so if you missed it, you can catch up. There is not a new episode of Ugly Betty this week : (.
I've watched the first episode of Little Mosque on the Prairie, a show on Muslim life in a small town in Canada, thanks to a little site called You Tube, heard of it? LMOTP is a cute little show, very enjoyable and I can't wait to see the 2nd episode. The VH1 reality shows kind of stink, i've lost interest in Surreal Life Fame Games, and I Love New York is just ridiculous. I have caught glimpses of the show and the prevailing thought in my mind is that people will do and say just about anything to be on TV. I remember a time when there were on reality shows on TV and we were very happy with that. Let's hope the reality TV craze dies down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home