Monday, November 20, 2006

Manic Monday*

I really dislike Mondays. You're probably thinking "you and everyone else on this planet...so what?" Well, I think I have a legitimate reason for disliking Mondays. I work a part-time job 2 nights a week, Monday is one of those nights. Between those 2 jobs, I work 11 hours a day. Until a few months ago, I did have a little time in between my two jobs to go home and chill out. Since my part-time job is in a different neighborhood than where I live, I decided to sign up for 1-on-1 learning in a Jewish outreach program in that neighborhood. So that fills up the gap of time I have in between my 2 jobs.

On one hand, I love the learning and I have become good friends with my tutor. We started off learning the laws of Shabbat and have moved on to learning about the laws of cooking on Shabbat, with forays into the weekly Torah portion and the laws regarding blessings. On the other hand, this schedule leaves me exhausted by the end of the day and it's not something I look forward to after a long weekend. What can I do? I can either a. move my learning to a different night of the week or b. change my hours of my part-time job by either switching nights or reducing my hours to 1 night a week instead of 2.

ETA: Manic Monday is a perfect little pop song, one of the songs that comes to your head when you think of 80s music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home