Thursday, November 16, 2006

This Dallas Cowboy Can Dance

Because I was at my womens' class last night, I missed the finale of Dancing With The Stars. I was thrilled to read that Emmitt Smith won over Mario Lopez. What a suitable end to an otherwise weird, messed-up season. I remember feeling bummed out when talented dancers such as Willa Ford and Vivica Fox were voted out over other dancers who were not so talented (they shall remain nameless). I'm not even getting into the whole Sara Evans divorce saga, suffice it to say that is a very sad situation, especially for her kids.

There were other dancers I enjoyed watching like Joey Lawrence and Monique Coleman. I will remember Jerry Springer's waltz, Joey's quickstep, Monique's jive, Harry Hamlin's pathetic attempt at dancing the cha-cha, and the downright puzzling musical choices of this season (dancing to Kris Kross for the mambo, Bon Jovi for Paso Doble). I was happy with the final 3 and even happier with the winner. As talented of a dancer as Mario is, I can't help but think that his personal life may have contributed to his loss of the title. When I learned he was competing on the show, the first thing I thought of besides his 'acting' on Saved By The Bell was his short-lived marriage to Ali Landry and the alleged reason why it ended. I'm not sure whether it's true or not but it did stay in my mind and that happened at least a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mario, Joey, Willa, Monique, and even Vivica get cast on Broadway shows in the next year. As for the DWTS tour, I'm not sure I would pay big bucks to see that. Maybe if I can get discounted tickets of Craigslist.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home