Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Watching American Idol aka Wading in a Sea of Suck

American Idol is pretty disappointing so far, the most memorable moments are not the actual singing (with the exception of Melinda and Lakisha) but the Antonella Barba pictures and Sanjaya's hair.

Last night was so mediocre, Blake started off the show nicely, I have not heard that 311 song in years, it brought me back to college days. I will boldly predict that he will win this season of American Idol. However, I am not one to bet on. I remember last year I predicted that Chris Daughtry and Mandisa will be the final two contestants. I was 0 for 2 on that one.

There were some interesting song choices last night, particularly Phil Stacy singing a Lee Ann Rimes song. I remember a few years back when Trenyce sang that song and just killed it. Phil hit some pretty rank notes, that seems to be a bad habit of his. Most likely, he will make the final 12 and you will have to hear him hit more rank notes.

In previous years, there was a sense of excitement over who would make it in the final 12 and I loved predicting who would blossom over the course of the competition and who would wilt. Now, with the exception of Blake, Melinda, Lakisha, Chris S. and Chris R. I don't really give a crap. I'm not as invested in the singers as I was in previous years. It's a combination of a group of not so good contestants and me having a very busy life lately. If Sanjaya and/or Antonella make it in the final 12, you bet I will be calling and calling for every other contestant in that show. I do not want a replay of Jasmine Trias and John Stevens outlasting far worthier contestants.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

1:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home