Sunday, February 11, 2007

Weekend Review

Another good weekend is coming and going. I spent Shabbat with my family in good ole' New Jersey; everytime I come home, I am amazed at the new stores that pop up on the highway. There always seems to be more traffic too : (

Whenever I stay with my family over Shabbat, I go to a small Orthodox synagogue within walking distance. I am by far the youngest person whenever I go this synagogue, with the exception of families with young kids. Most of the congregants are senior citizens; there is a senior citizens' development within walking distance.

We had a guest rabbi come in from Monsey. He is the founder of www.theshmuz.com. I was honored to eat lunch with him and his family. I had the greatest time playing games with a few of his daughters at the table, not only are his daughters kind but they are so fun-loving and spirited.

Last night, I went to a karaoke party at a place in midtown. I got to learn the lyrics of "My Humps", suffice it to say that I didn't sing the whole song as much as I laughed thru the song. I was told that I was entertaining so I guess that's a good thing. I always have such a fun time when I do karaoke and I guess that came thru.

Plans for today are to just chill out and take it easy : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home