Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superbowl Sunday

I will be one of the few people who will go out of their way to not watch the Superbowl. Yes, I will try to catch the halftime show but I am not a football fan. I do not watch any football during the regular season so why would I watch now? I don't care about any of the teams involved, why should I pretend to?

I had a wonderful Shabbas with people in my synagogue; I was invited to a lunch last minute and ended up spending the afternoon with old and new friends. In an interesting game of Jewish geography, one of the guests at the Shabbos table is best friends with one of my roommates from my time at She'arim (a womens seminary in Jerusalem) this past summer.

By the time I got back, I had to rush to get ready for a Tu B'Shevat seder on the west side. The seder had a very hippie/new age feel to it. It is illuminating to see how Jews connect to Judaism, you can really learn something from everyone. After that, I went to a synagogue in the neighborhood to see a concert, the music was beautiful and surroundings. The venue was absolutely breathtaking, what made it even better was the company : )

Today, I spent some time with my family then went shopping at Ann Taylor Loft and Banana Republic, very nice stuff but I'm not paying nearly $70 for a skirt. I'm very picky like that.

So what will I be doing instead of watching the Superbowl? Well, due to my part time job, I don't get to see Heroes and Ugly Betty when they air and I haven't seen the newest episodes yet. I love the fact that I can see re-runs online without all the commercials, maybe I should just suck it up and get DVR/Tivo. Let it be spring.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home