Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Notes on a Scandal

After some last minute deliberation, we decided to save 'Dreamgirls' for another time and to check out 'NOAS'. I did not know very much about this movie coming into it and that was probably for the better. If I did know what the movie was really about, I would have chosen not to see it and that would have been a shame because NOAS is a very well-made movie about very uncomfortable subject matter. There were some amazing performances from Cate Blanchett and Dame Judi Dench. I want to highlight Judi Dench's performance, I normally think of her as this very dignified, proper lady and she really went opposite that to play this creepy, delusional woman. Some of her scenes were unintentionally funny, if you were to judge by the audience's reaction.

I have alot of movie watching to do between now and February 25 (Academy Awards), I want to watch as many of the nominated performances as I can. We'll see if that happens....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home