Wednesday, November 22, 2006

American Music Awards aka a waste of time

For the first time in awhile, I had a whole night to myself; no part time job to go to, no classes to attend. I decided to do something that I have not done in a long time, and that is to watch an awards show. The American Music Awards show aired last night on ABC and I decided to check it out. Despite the title of the post, there were some things that I liked about the show but before I get to those, I will talk about the things I didn't like. I always like to end things on a positive note : )

Things I Did Not Like

1. Carrie Underwood's outfit: It looked like she couldn't decide what to wear; "I'd like to wear hot shorts but maybe I should wear a gown over it....Hmm what will I do? I'll wear the back of my gown over shorts. Why didn't I think of it before?"

2. The Kevin Federline skit: It's pretty obvious that he is what we call unpopular. This had all the subtlety of an anvil, and then Britney Spears coincidentally presents an award right after...

3. Nelly Furtado's performance: the song didn't do it for me, it's no "Promiscuous". Also, I think her outfit is see-thru under certain lighting.

4. Pussycat Dolls: the less said about them, the better.

5. everytime Paris Hilton was shown onscreen

6. Gwen Stefani: Her new song "Wind It Up" stinks! I do not like 'The Sound of Music', so any song that samples anything from a movie I don't like does not go well with me. It also sounds alot like her other song "Hollaback Girl". I loved "Love Angel Music Baby" but if her new album is all like that new song, then I don't think I will spend the $10 on ITunes to listen to it.

7. Flava Flav's appearance: I thought he looked like a fool, didn't find it funny at all.

Things I Liked

1. Beyonce's performance: A great way to start off the show, and she looked HOT!!!

2. Carrie Underwood's performance: It's funny how I can go from disliking her when she was on American Idol to sort of liking her now.

3. Mary J. Blige's performance: It is simply a joy to hear her sing.

4. Lionel Richie: There are certain men in this world who get better looking with age and Lionel Richie is one of these men. His new song was okay but I loved it when he sang "All Night Long".

5. Jimmy Kimmel: I thought he was a decent host, enjoyed his jokes, didn't bore me to tears.

Okay, so maybe the AMA was not a total waste of t.ime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home