Saturday, March 17, 2007

Snowing in March?!?!

I'm typing from my little piece of NYC; after a few saturday nights out, it is nice to have a quiet night in listening to music, returning phone calls, surfing the web, and last but not least, blogging.

Lately, I've been getting back in touch with something I used to love to do when I was a kid. I used to take ballet and jazz classes. Now, I still take dance classes but replace ballet and jazz with hip hop and belly dancing. Yes, I signed up for a 6 week belly dancing class that started last week. I've been enjoying them immensely, and I think my future husband will enjoy them too : )
I also take hip hop classes once a week and look forward to trying a jazz funk class this coming week.

I had dinner with the rabbi from my synagogue. It was a great opportunity to spend time with him and his wonderful family. Lately, I've been falling in love again with my community. I go to intermediate level services in a huge modern orthodox synagogue. I've been going to these services for a year. I joke with people that I never want to graduate from these services. What is so wonderful about these services? The melodies are inspiring, you are encouraged to ask questions about the prayers, and the Torah reading is inspiring. We talk about each part of the reading. The people that go to these services are genuinely interested in Judaism, in growth, and the services have been growing steadily. It is the best feeling when you find your niche in Judaism and this is it for me : )

Lunch was awesome, I was invited by a friend in the community who I don't get to spend much time with and I met a cool group of people. I spent the rest of Shabbas there, there was much eating, talking, and laughing. I laughed so much that my stomach hurt, great times : ) Tomorrow is my mom's birthday brunch, and then another work week ahead....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home