Friday, April 20, 2007

The Roller Coaster of Life

This week has definitely had its highlights and low points. The beginning of the week was all dreary and now it is sunny and beautiful. It mirrors how I felt at the beginning of the week (see my last post) and how I feel now. Things are most definitely looking up, it's not even the circumstances that have changed. It's all attitude. Given current events, I feel more blessed than ever.

Over the past two days, I have read all about the victims of the Virginia Tech shooting, all at different stages of life, some just starting at college with their whole future ahead of them, others set to graduate and start their post-college lives, established professors making their marks in various fields. The more I read, the angrier I got at the shooter. He not only killed 32 people but changed forever the lives of their families and friends. I also feel sorry for the shooter's family; how horrible it must be to live with the knowledge that your son is a murderer. I do hope some good comes of this, re-evaluation of campus security, the way college campuses deal with students who are mentally ill, something does need to change.

Time to get back to work, it's me, my boss, and 1 other person in the office today. It feels like a ghost-town today. There are a couple posts percolating in the back of my head which I hope will make it online. I wish Shabbat were here already.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home